Google has announced a suite of new generative AI features for Google Docs, Gmail, Slides and Sheets. The productivity suite – which currently uses AI tools such as Gmail’s Smart Compose or Google Docs smart summaries – has a range of enhanced tools coming soon. The Google Workspace AI productivity boosting features will allows users to:
- draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
- brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
- bring your creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
- go from raw data to insights and analysis via auto completion, formula generation, and contextual categorization in Sheets
- generate new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
- enable workflows for getting things done in Chat
With content generation competition from Microsoft and ChatGPT, the pressure is on to implement AI into workflows. One clear example is the new “draft” feature in docs. Essentially, you can prompt Docs to create a draft, and then rework it in your preferred tone.
Another time-saver is coming to Gmail, with features including an “I’m Feeling Lucky” to help you level up your email tone and presentation:
You can read the announcement blog in full here.